GayGamer - Rabanastre Linkshell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ifrit bleeds , Gaygamer shall Kill It !!!

4 posters

Go down

Ifrit bleeds , Gaygamer shall Kill It !!! Empty Ifrit bleeds , Gaygamer shall Kill It !!!

Post  Ptaru Dactyl Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:28 pm

Ok so here is a little tuto about the Ifrit ( r50 ) fight Smile

There is 5 phases in the fight.

Ifrit bleeds , Gaygamer shall Kill It !!! Ifrit1

N : North
Red Star : Ifrit
T : Tank
A : DPS
H : Mages

Phase 1 : ( Until 75% hp )

Skill : Auto-regen

Nothing particular , really easy to tank , so let the main tank build some hate while DDs are trying to break the horns, it makes Vulcan Burst ( explained later ) fully absorbed by Stoneskin.

In order to break the horns you need :

Ifrit bleeds , Gaygamer shall Kill It !!! Ifrit2

If you have Keen Flurry , use it for long recast on some WSs ( such as : Twisting Vice )

Postionning is like this : ( note that during the whole fight , positions are the KEY for winning )

Ifrit bleeds , Gaygamer shall Kill It !!! Ifrit3

Phase II : ( From 75% to 50% )

Skills : Auto regen , Swipe ( Conal attack in front of Ifrit with its claws ) , Vulcan Burst ( AoE around Ifrit : 300-600damages ) , Radiant Plume ( Magma explosion around the whole area , heavy damages ) , Eruption ( Ground Explosion , heavy damages ) , Incinerate ( Fire breath , conal , in front if ifrit ) , Crimson Cyclone ( it rushes after it jumps )

So the entire positions HAVE to be like this :

Ifrit bleeds , Gaygamer shall Kill It !!! Ifrit4

Ifrit will use 1 skill ( random ) every 15 seconds ( unless it has slow in which case it will go around 20seconds ). Note that Ifrit will NEVER use the same action twice in a row.

The Timing from now on is also the key for winning.

What to do ? How to react ?

It's really important to watch ifrit , and act according to it's attacks , do NOT hesitate to stop doing any magic/weapon skill when you know it's gonna use a skill.

If it uses Vulcan Burst :
If Ifrit is correctly places , you just dont care , and keep going doing whatever you are doing. Mages will recast Stoneskin on DPSs.

If it uses Radiant Plume :

If your positions are correct , DPSs wont have to move or maybe just slightly , note that Radiant Plume is never done around Ifrit , so its safe to run towards it.

Ifrit bleeds , Gaygamer shall Kill It !!! Ifrit5

If it uses Eruptions :

It appears on DPSs , OR , Mages , here is how to react if it appears under your lovely self ( not that timing is more than important on this attack , that's why you shouldnt hesitate to stop attacking when you know Ifrit's gonna act , if Eruption appears under your feet , START RUNNING ASAP )

Ifrit bleeds , Gaygamer shall Kill It !!! Ifrit6

Ifrit bleeds , Gaygamer shall Kill It !!! Ifrit7

If it uses Incinerate :
Assuming positions are ok , no one has to move , it's just on the tank , so keep going.

If it uses Crimson Cyclone :
Ifrit's gonna Jump and rush , take advantage of it to heal yourself , rebuff your party , and let mages refresh a little. Here's how you should place yourselves when it jumps :
Ifrit bleeds , Gaygamer shall Kill It !!! Ifrit8

Once Ifrit's done , you should go back as it is below , but dont do any action cause Ifrit's gonna use a skill ( random ) right after it lands.
Ifrit bleeds , Gaygamer shall Kill It !!! Ifrit9

Phase III : ( From 50% to 30% )

Skills : Auto regen , Swipe ( Conal attack in front of Ifrit with its claws ) , Vulcan Burst ( AoE around Ifrit : 300-600damages ) , Radiant Plume ( Magma explosion around the whole area , heavy damages ) , Eruption ( Ground Explosion , heavy damages ) , Incinerate ( Fire breath , conal , in front if ifrit ) , Crimson Cyclone ( it rushes after it jumps ), Sear ( AoE around ifrit , every 10seconds independently of other actions : 300 damages )

Members positions stays the same as Phase II , Ifrit uses its skill every 15 seconds ( as usual ) but will use Sear every 10 seconds now.

When it uses Eruption :
On phase III , Ifrit will use a Triple Eruptions , still on mages or DDs , not that the eruptions will follow one person and move with him/her , so its REALLY important for DDs not to run toward mages , and vice versa. More important , do not run toward the Tank either.
Here's how to react :
Ifrit bleeds , Gaygamer shall Kill It !!! Ifrit10

Please note that its possible for DDs who are not followed by the Eruption to go back straight away against Ifrit to hit it. ( so keep watching closely Smile )

Ifrit bleeds , Gaygamer shall Kill It !!! Ifrit11

When it uses Crimson Cyclone :

As for Eruptions, Ifrit will now Jump and Rush 3 times , its a GREAT time to heal/rebuff/refresh MP etc...

Phase IV : ( 30% and 60seconds )

Skills : Auto regen , Swipe ( Conal attack in front of Ifrit with its claws ) , Vulcan Burst ( AoE around Ifrit : 300-600damages ) , Radiant Plume ( Magma explosion around the whole area , heavy damages ) , Eruption ( Ground Explosion , heavy damages ) , Incinerate ( Fire breath , conal , in front if ifrit ) , Crimson Cyclone ( it rushes after it jumps ), Sear ( AoE around ifrit , every 10seconds independently of other actions : 300 damages ) and..
Hellfire ( inflicts 9999dmg to everyone if you havent destroy at least 1 nail [ Explained below ] , 2300-2600 with one nail down )

During this short but intensive Phase , Ifrit's gonna pop a Nail , half of the DDs should focus on the same nail in order to destroy it A.S.A.P ( its possible to keep attacking Ifrit in the same time for lncs or AoE Mrds etc... ) try to keep your TP / Buff for the nail.

During the Phase IV , every skill like Eruptions and Crimson Cyclone are the same as Phase II ( aka : just 1 eruption etc..; )

Anyway , once the nail's DOWN , heal yourself , buff yourself ( Pro / Shell / SS / Rampart etc... ) Ifrit will jump in the middle of the area , when it lands , everyone should use SENTINEL ( Gladiator Lv 36 ) cause Hellfire is about to come.....

Here is how you should place youselves during the Nail thing , in order to keep attacking and dodging every attack :

Ifrit bleeds , Gaygamer shall Kill It !!! Ifrit12

Phase V : ( After hellfire , till the end! )

Skills : Auto regen , Swipe ( Conal attack in front of Ifrit with its claws ) , Vulcan Burst ( AoE around Ifrit : 300-600damages ) , Radiant Plume ( Magma explosion around the whole area , heavy damages ) , Eruption ( Ground Explosion , heavy damages ) , Incinerate ( Fire breath , conal , in front if ifrit ) , Crimson Cyclone ( it rushes after it jumps ), Sear ( AoE around ifrit , every 10seconds independently of other actions : 300 damages )

Take back your positions asap after hellfire , dont do anything yet , because Ifrit has jumped... so you know its gonna use a skill when its gonna land right ? Razz

Note that Ifrit will now use 1 skill every 10 seconds

If it uses Eruptions ?
Now Ifrit Will use double-triple Eruption , so IT IS possible for Eruptions to appear under DDs AND Mages . You gotta react quickly , and act quickly too.

If it uses Crimson Cyclone ?

Now it will be triple-triple Rushes ( 3 Ifrits ) , just position yourself as earlier , nothing will change , take advantage to buff / heal / refresh

From now on , you really gotta be quick , observe wisely and act quickly too , its the main key of the Fight Smile

Good luck to everyone , and if you have any questions , feel free to ask in here or in game Smile

Ptaru Dactyl : Aka : Iori
Ptaru Dactyl
Ptaru Dactyl

Back to top Go down

Ifrit bleeds , Gaygamer shall Kill It !!! Empty Re: Ifrit bleeds , Gaygamer shall Kill It !!!

Post  Ptaru Dactyl Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:29 pm

I invite you to watch some videos on youtube too Smile
Ptaru Dactyl
Ptaru Dactyl

Back to top Go down

Ifrit bleeds , Gaygamer shall Kill It !!! Empty Re: Ifrit bleeds , Gaygamer shall Kill It !!!

Post  Ukiyo Neko Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:12 am

I wanna kill him!!

Ukiyo Neko

Back to top Go down

Post  Devaki Dash Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:03 pm

Wow, thanks a bunch for this Iori!! <3 <3 <3

Can't wait to try again...
Devaki Dash
Devaki Dash

Back to top Go down

Post  BuffetChocolat Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:09 pm

This is awesome!! I want to practice this!
BuffetChocolat
BuffetChocolat

Back to top Go down

Post  Ptaru Dactyl Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:24 am

My pleasure <3
Ptaru Dactyl
Ptaru Dactyl

Back to top Go down

Post  BuffetChocolat Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:41 pm

I attempted Ifrit for the second time ever last night with another LS. This guide totally helped; I was able to dodge everything as a THM! Well, except Vulcan Burst; I just allowed that to hit me. But it's so easy once you get the hang of it.

Still, I wasn't able to activate Sentinel in time for Hellfire when that came around, so I hope I get it right next time.

There were some ways my LS played that differed slightly from this guide (i.e., they fought with Ifrit and the tank on the north side instead of the south), but this still helped me loads!
BuffetChocolat
BuffetChocolat

Back to top Go down

Post  Devaki Dash Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:09 am

Every time I move away from the eruptions on the ground they still hit me... >_< Is it because my computer is lagging??
Devaki Dash
Devaki Dash

Back to top Go down

Post  BuffetChocolat Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:17 am

That's happened to me once, and I realized that I just wasn't moving far away enough from them! I had to be a lot further away from the eruption animation than I thought. That solved my problem, but I don't know if it solves yours.
BuffetChocolat
BuffetChocolat

Back to top Go down

Post  Ptaru Dactyl Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:33 am

It might be because of lag yes but I thought EU servers were the only touched ones , so maybe Chocolat is right , you should try to stop doing any action and move asap
Ptaru Dactyl
Ptaru Dactyl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down